Environmental & Sustainability Policy
Aroha Tiles recognises that its operations impact upon the environment and therefore endeavour to ensure that the potential harmful effects of its actions are minimised wherever practicable.
Aroha Tiles members are committed to considering and conserving the environment during the course of their activities.
To achieve the company’s environmental objectives throughout its activities, all staff, partners, stakeholders and customers are encouraged to follow this approach.
Aroha Tiles is committed to:
- Identifying and complying with all relevant legal requirements.
- Striving to attain a satisfactory balance between economic, social and environmental responsibilities.
- Reducing energy usage in all areas of the business where possible.
- Minimise the amount of waste produced by reducing, reusing and recycling, and ensuring careful and responsible disposal of any waste we produce according to legislation requirements.
- Endeavouring to source materials from sustainable resources wherever practicable.
- Ensuring awareness among all employees of the importance of environmental issues, and providing training appropriate to their responsibilities.
- Ensuring that activities are safe for employees, associates, delegates and others who come into contact with their work.
- Monitoring purchasing practices and internal operations including energy and transport to ensure best use of natural resources and minimum environmental impact.
- Developing relationships with suppliers, customers, contractors and relevant third parties to discuss and promote improvements in environmental performance.
- Seeking to incorporate environmental considerations into future decision-making at all levels.
- Making this policy publicly available to any interested parties.